Monday, January 24, 2011

Hello Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


{one} I might have completely lost my mind but I am so glad that today is Monday. Granted, I didn't feel like that this morning when my alarm went off - I stayed up way too late watching Hawaii 50 with the Hubs after the big football game last night  - but I am so happy to be home with my little man back into our routine. I especially love our quiet, sleepy afternoons. It is so hard to read to my little man with three big kids constantly interrupting and/or making noise. So call me crazy, but I'm happy it's Monday!

{two} Yesterday was a computer-free day, well for the most part - after the kids went to bed I worked on my class for a bit, but computer-free days are so great, especially for someone like me who spends a lot of time on the computer every day blogging and teaching an online photography class. I wish I could say that I got a lot done but I really didn't. I took a nice long nap and read a cookbook and generally just hung out. It was wonderful!

{three} Over the weekend the kids glitterized the house! You may have seen the commercials before Christmas for the Barbie Glitterizer based on the recent Fashion Barbie movie. Katie-Abigail was given one for Christmas and she loves it! She keeps her favorite Barbie of the week in it with a few favorite accessories but she has never been allowed to use the glitter part of it, until this weekend when the hubs let the kids use the glitterizer while I was napping. Now you might think that a nine year old is perfectly capable of following the instructions for the glitterizer and keep the mess to a minimum - unless you distinctly remember being nine and all of the mischief you got into at that age. So needless to say they managed to spread glitter from one end of the house to the other. Beth even had to take a bath - she was that covered in glitter!

{four} If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring two jars of food, I would bring Chocolate Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter & Co and Tostitos Queso Bean Dip- I could eat a whole jar of it by myself without any tortilla chips. I put it in everything - pasta, eggs, sandwiches, salad - it's awesome. Well, on Sunday night I started making Mac & Cheese when I realized that I had run out of butter, so I put some Bean Dip in it and the kids LOVED it! I don't know if it's necessarily healthier than butter but it added protein and made the mac more filling!


{five} I got a DVD from the Library for my little man called "Peep and the Big Wide World" - he loves it and I think it is really cute, it's narrated by Joan Cusack - which is brilliant. There are cute segments at the end of kids being creative and scientific, that is my favorite part. Though if you've seen it, tell me - what is up with the purple duck?

15 weeks

{six} I'm 15 week pregnant now and still just barely starting to show, it always takes me a while to pop. It makes me want to wear a shirt that says "baby on board" across my belly, or something like that because I feel like I just look fat, but that is a whole different post. I am just about starting to need some stretchier pants though. I sold pretty much all of my maternity clothes at a consignment shop after little man was born. Time to start all over again! Not even sure where to start. I love maternity clothes but I hate spending the money.

{seven} This baby has no name. The hubs and I are not even close to deciding on one. Beth calls it "the creature" because she doesn't want another sibling - but we had to ban that name because we don't want her to reinforce her negativity. Emma calls it "New Baby" and still kisses my belly every night - it's so sweet! I mentioned maybe naming the baby Layla, if it's a girl and the hubs didn't automatically throw it out - so that name is looking good. If it's a boy he might be stuck with Eli - it's the only name I've thought of and not hated, but that's just 'cause I heard it on the show Lie to Me which is a lousy thing to name your child after. I'd like to host some sort of baby name link-up, but haven't been able to figure out how that would work out. If you have any ideas or would be interested in linking up to chat about baby names leave a comment and let me know!!

{eight} I really don't like packing lunches. I didn't like packing a lunch for the hubs back when we were newlyweds and I don't like packing lunches for my kids today but what I really don't like is all the complaining. So this weekend I finally did something about it. I sat down with my kids and we came up with a plan for lunches. I bought a few tiny plastic reusable containers and posted our plan on the fridge. Hopefully it will help. Here's the plan, for any of you who are interested.  Every day they also get a Capri Sun 100%  juice pouch:
Monday: Peanut Butter & Banana  sandwiches with apple slices and yogurt.
Tuesday: Turkey & Cheese sandwiches with cubes of cantaloupe and a cheese string.
Wednesday: Turkey, Lettuce & Tomato wrap up with Carrots and Broccoli heads with Ranch dressing.
Thursday: Peanut Butter & Honey sandwich with Bananas and Yogurt
Friday: Turkey roll-ups (slices of turkey rolled up), cherry tomatoes and cheese strings.
What are some of your favorite things to pack for lunches?

I'm linking up with the awesome Carissa Graham at Lowercase Letters - really loved this post about what day to day life is like at her house!

14 comments:

  1. Heh. While the title of the show may make it sound like a weird thing, that's actually one of my favorite characters. He's young and still has a lot to learn, but he always seems so sincere and "genuine" about his thoughts. Eli is a great name too. Good thing we have some time to work on these things, right? We've talked about names a little, and so far one boys name is at the top of the list (not going to say what it is just yet, still working on it) and no girl names have jumped out at us.

    I need to look around and see if I have any maternity clothes left. I think I donated a bunch of them, or passed them along to others who needed them. Same with most of the baby clothes too. Good thing I know how to sew and knit, and have some good secondhand stores nearby. At least I didn't get rid of all my baby slings! That would have made me really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Peep and the Big Wide World! I teach art part time and my students go crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belly picture! Layla and Eli are both lovely names. Hope you have a great Monday!
    Tiffany
    tmandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate peanut butter sounds so good...I totally can not buy it because I know I would eat way too much of it! I love the name Eli, but I am kind of biased because my youngest is named Eli! Making a lunch schedule is such a great idea....packing lunches is not my favorite thing to do either, but luckily my boys don't complain too much:) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of those names. I also like
    Amber Autumn~~~ and Lydia Faith.
    Jacob Daniel~~~ and Harrison Tate.

    Hope you have an easy pregnancy and delivery!

    Happy Monday!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I hope to feel better soon too. Congrats to you as well on baby. We had a hard time with the name thing too...we just kept a list for each sex and then when we found out we went from there. I also did a name game with friends. They gave us suggestions and if we used it they would win a prize...we ended up not using any of those names but it was a great way to get some suggestions:). Happy Monday- I am now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your baby... I understand about the people thinking you're fat vs. you're pregnant thing. But you look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful baby belly! I saw you commented on one of my posts and figured Id follow you. Im on that Mon hop as well :)

    www.cupofserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Layla is a beautiful name, and so on my list! Unfortunately, not on my hubbys. Happy Monday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the names! :) My older daughter is expecting a boy and they're having a terrible time coming up with a name they both like. Hayden (their 2 year old) was named soon after Brie found out she was having a boy. She's almost 7 months now and they STILL aren't sure!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) It's always nice to make new friends. Beautiful family you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :) My little guy loves Peep and the Big Wide World. I didn't know that random fact about it. Cool! I love your photos. I'm still learning to use my DSLR. One day I hope to know how to use it and not just leave it set on Auto. Enjoyed your random thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, congrats on your pregnancy. I just discovered you had this blog! This is a different one, right? (I'm a little tired!) I love reading about mothering. It really is something to write about! ...and I hate packing lunches too. My oldest is homeschooling,and the baby is still home!, so I only have to worry about 1! Thank goodness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute pic!! You look great. the "awkward stage" (that's what I call it) is hard but you don't look awkward at all, just cute :)

    I like your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Layla was on my list 14 years ago! (She's Madison (Madi) though as my oldest named her).

    Anyway, when my niece Leila was born my SIL called me and told me her name and stats and I said "Oh like the Eric Clapton song" she was utterly confused and had never heard "Layla".

    And that's WAY more than you wanted to know!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required