Monday, January 31, 2011

29/365

The first time I heard this song was at church - since then I've heard it on the radio - it's a beautiful song and so catchy. I sing it as I'm driving, washing dishes...

You can listen to the radio version here
Yesterday I knew that I wanted to take a photo to somehow represent this this song and then, like a little miracle I noticed that a few spring flowers had sprouted in my back garden so I grabbed my camera, slapped my macro filter on it and basically pointed the camera at the first flower and I loved the first shot I took - I adjusted my settings a bit and took it again. I played with it a bit in photoshop (elements) - so here is my shot for Sunday's 365 photo.
all things new

Beautiful Things
performed by Gungor
All this pain
I wonder if I'll ever find my way?
I wonder if my life could really change at all?
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
Making me new

3 comments:

  1. I love your photo. simple beauty. Wonderfully dreamy edit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that song! And your photo is great! I so long to see a spring flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, can't believe i stumbled upon this post today (or that i missed it when you originally posted it.)

    i heard this song for the first time during worship at church a couple of months ago, and for many reasons, it really spoke to me. i had only heard it once more before i just listened to the version you posted. it gave me goosebumps and was just what i needed to hear today.

    thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required