Tuesday, January 25, 2011

23/365

This is Monday's POTD... which I am just getting around to posting now.
I thought about photographing a doughnut leftover from the weekend... or one of the last few Oreos that I've been wanting to photograph for a while now. But I've been photographing a lot of junk food lately so I thought I'd photograph something a bit healthier - so here it is, an avocado.

sooc
SOOC

1 24 11
Edit:
clone brush - to clone out some little crumbs that were on the counter
high pass filter set to soft light
color correct - to remove the blue tint. I made a duplicate layer of the background and color corrected the copy of the background so that I could tone down the color correction a little by reducing the opacity of the layer.
adjusted brightness and contrast
adjust levels to boost brightness a little more, especially to brighten the color of the background.

Click here to see another version of this edit. And check out Paper Heart Camera for more awesome touch-ups and a cool tutorial from the Paper Mama!






Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper MamaTouch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

9 comments:

  1. I like this edit quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum!! I'm so wanting some avocados now! in a sandwich, salad, guacamole, anything! :) I like your edit - you cleaned up some healthy food nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo, I love your edit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me so hungry with all of these food shots, at least they're healthy! This is a great photo & I am in love with the edit. Great colors! Avocado's are my favorite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very simple and looks great! My mouth is watering just thinking of avocados and seeing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grate Edit.

    I can't wait to get my hands on frish Avocados again. MMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try this I always get a bluish back ground too. But I am learning white balance and that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learning to set a custom white balance helps a lot too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required