Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Photography Challenge: Love

Can you believe I nearly forgot about today's photography challenge?! I have been so insanely busy with my kids home from school and getting ready for Christmas and tweaking and expanding my upcoming photography class, I'm a total scatterbrain these days!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated last week. So sorry that I've not posted a top 5 post for these last two challenges. I hope you understand.

This week's theme is LOVE. This time of year, when we take a moment to pause from the stress and general insanity of the season, there is so much to love.

My mom & me Christmas 2000

I LOVE my Mom. This photo is from the last Christmas before I married the hubs and moved out. Looking back at that time one of the things I enjoyed most was the time that I spent with my mom in the kitchen. My mom was making her traditional family-recipe orange rolls. These days, this time of year is really hard for my family, but I cherish the memories of our traditional, simple Christmases spent together. 

I can't wait to see the love in your life!  You can link up your blog post or Flickr page - just please remember to put a link-back to my blog. You can copy and paste the code in the sidebar to get a button for your blog post and/or sidebar.


8 comments:

  1. Your family will certainly be in my prayers. Merry Christmas.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should absolutely be spending time with your family! Love the photo. I remember those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Faithie, you help keep me anchored in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this picture. My mom now lives on the other side of the U.S. and I miss those times with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to remember who we love. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love is what Christmas is all about...great subject and loved your photo...finally got my post in order for your meme...
    Thanks
    Have a Merry Christmas
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photo. hope you all had a wonderful, peaceful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required