Friday, December 10, 2010

hello Friday

Here I sit at my computer, letting out a big sigh. I made it through another week. A great, but busy and tiring week.

This morning I was blessed to walk out my door and see this beautiful sky.



DSC_2445




Everyone else is doing it so why can't I?

Holiday bokeh.

In general I avoid huge bokeh circles in my photos, and so now trying to get a lovely Christmas Tree bokeh shot is turning into something of an ordeal, but I am bound and determined to discover the secret to great holiday bokeh shots. 

Here are a few attempts from last night...



DSC_2382


DSC_2397
This one its my favorite so far.





and then, she {snapped}






This week's final giveaway is a gift certificate to my photography classes (which are also available for purchase, just click on the "gift certificate" page tab). It would make a great Christmas present!

To enter  just leave a comment :) For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each entry): tweet about this giveaway(leave link in your comment), mention this giveaway in your blog post (with a link back to my blog - of course! leave a link in your comment), "like" my Facebook page (on the sidebar), Follow on Google friend connect, or join my Blog Frog community forum.
Congratulations to Tim who won the Starbucks gift card!

27 comments:

  1. I really love the second bokeh shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you linked up!! Thanks so much. I love love your second bokeh capture. Gorgeous, I really like the mixture of colors. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the second shot. The colors are really beautiful. This is the time of year that I almost want to get colored lights because the photograph so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That second bokeh shot is wonderful - so colorful and soft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bokeh shots, especially that second one. i love the colors. i'm glad you are participating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bokeh and all your shots actually! recognised your face from the me, myself, I flickr group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are really having amazing skies lately, huh?! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in the second shot! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the second one best too...I wonder if it would be cool to use as a "texture" layer? Might be fun to try! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bokeh and lovely skies~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love love love to see that sky right now ... instead, more storm clouds moving into our little southwest corner of Michigan ... !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sky photo. Love your bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Christmas bokeh! I did one already but I still want to do more and see how many different shots I can get. I like your second one best too, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love it! So what is the secret to shooting bokeh photo? I've been playing around with camera settings and can't seem to get it right. Maybe tonight I can try again! :) Also that sky photo is awesome! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love to win the gift certificate to one your classes. I'm already signed up for one class but love to sign up for more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Already like your facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sky shot is amazing! Wish ours looked a bit more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bokeh photos! :) I read somewhere that you can make different shaped bokeh by making a cover for your lens out of black construction paper, and you can cut out a shape in the center (like a star or whatnot). Sorry I cannot explain it better, but maybe you can google it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh-guess what-I told you that my goal was to have a SLR for your class and I have one:) I hope I win the certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't remember if I posted that I follow you on GFC.hahahha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required