Monday, November 8, 2010

Hugs from Henry the Sock Monkey Project



All photos in this post are copyright Erin Galindo
77-365
Meet the Galindo family.  I met Erin in my photography class - you can see Erin's Photography Diary here. That photography class was very unique - I was super inspired by the group of photographers that gathered for a month to encourage each other in their photography. I haven't had a group like since, it was an amazing experience! During the class I had a storm of collaborative ideas swirling around in my head - but this is the one that I am moving forward on.

DSC07267 copy
I am so excited to introduce you to my newest project. For the moment I'm calling it Hugs from Henry - Love, Lucas. Henry is a sock monkey with a heart full of love for Lucas - and you!


Lucas Galindo is a sweet 18 month old, he is a mischievous little guy who keeps him Mommy busy busy busy.
You can read his birth story here.

94-365
Lucas has down syndrome. Erin has made it very clear to me that he is such a joy to raise but it also means that at 18 months he is just now starting to walk. He has needed physical therapy, and you can read about Lucas' most recent hospitalization on Erin's blog Unforeseen Gifts

My goal for this project is to help the Galindo family with their medical expenses by launching the Hugs from Henry, Love Lucas project! Erin bought Henry came from here. We will be gathering a group of photographers from all around the world who will volunteer their time and skill to photograph Henry. I will then compile these photos into a book that will be published via Blurb and the proceeds from the sale of these books will go directly to Erin, Lucas and their family.



If you are interested in participating in the Hugs from Henry project please click here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! MY gosh is he cute! LOve the photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea! We have good friends who adopted 2 little ones with ds, so I've seen the huge amount of time they've spent in the hospital. It is unbelievable and I can not even fathom what the medical bills must look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do for her.
    He is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the family located? I am in the Seattle/Bellevue area and I suppose what you would call an amatuer, but I would be willing to help with photos if you needed me.
    I work with the developementally disabled and have a soft spot for causes like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required