Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday's rambling

This is has been a whole week of Mondays for me. Bad day on top of bad day... I'm so tired of being so tired! So done with feeling crowded, so over feeling burned out, a day late and a dollar short.

My day started really badly - one of those "Mama from Hell" type mornings - but as I ran my errands with my sweet little boy I started to appreciate this season and the blessing that I have as a mama. Even though some days are harder than others.

DSC_1648
I saw this little footprint that my little man made and it just reminded me of how little time I have left with little ones to snuggle with at nap time and to cuddle with while we watch Little Einsteins.

I went to the gym again today and I was slightly less pathetic! I'm still working on running, sill can't go for more than 3 minutes. I have no clue what I'm doing.

On the radio today I heard Owl City do a cover of In Christ Alone. I could listen to it all day.

Last night we watched Extraordinary Measures - it was awesome! I highly recommend it. My husband and I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet!
    I love this photo!
    What a blessing for you to have had the opp. to capture this solid, peaceful moment for all to share. Thanks for posting. It takes special gifts such as a footprint to realize the "footprint" we are all leaving on our children!
    I have had those days & find it hard in the moment to stop & remember this will pass & I am a rock for my lil' ones.
    Have a blessed day<
    Melly
    www.planmydinner.net
    &
    www.beckhamandbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had one of those weeks too! The other day I seriously felt un-fit to be a mother. My patience definitely wears thin when I'm not feeling well. Good thing God forgives and so do my kids!
    I love the little footprint amongst the leaves in your picture!
    On running, I am no great runner but a long time ago my boss taught me a trick. When you feel like you need to stop, don't. Instead, take smaller steps. You can keep the same pace with smaller steps, you may feel like you aren't getting anywhere, but trust me it builds endurance. The less you lift your feet off the ground the less energy you use. If you use this tool you'll be able to build up to running for longer stretches. I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required