Monday, October 11, 2010

Photography Classes

FALL BASIC blog button ad NOV



I have enjoyed the experience of teaching these e-classes tremendously. I am constantly challenged and inspired by the participants of these classes and enjoy watching each of my participants develop in their photography skills. The format of the classes is that I email tutorials with photography assignments in .pdf format and participants post their assignments to my Flickr group where I give constructive criticism and encouragement!

I will be re-teaching my SLR class two times in the coming months. The class is geared towards beginning photographers who are wanting to learn how to use the settings on their cameras more effectively. Topics covered in this class are: aperture, shutter speed, ISO and White Balance. 

My November class is two weeks long. You'll get all four of the technical tutorials emailed out over the two weeks of the class but you'll have two months to post all of the assignments. This class is less intense and will be more of a work-at-your-own-pace style class. I'm only accepting 30 participants into this class, so that I can be sure to give each participant the individual attention that I would like to.

My January class is four weeks long and is a repeat of my wildly successful September e-class. In addition to the four technical tutorials you'll receive four additional creative tutorials. The topics of these additional tutorials are: contemplate your shot, shoot where you are, mood of a photograph, and putting it all together. I will be accepting 50 participants. This class will have lots of participant interaction and daily photography assignments so it will be more intense than the November class.

To see what past participants have said about my photography classes and to register for one of my photography classes CLICK HERE!

My Simply Basics class covers light, crop, perspective and focus and I provide tips on how to photograph people, objects and flowers. There is no special camera requirement for this class. If you are interested in taking this class please CLICK HERE and I'll let you know as soon as I've scheduled the next class.

I'm also considering opening a class that will cover photographing your children. If you are interested in taking that class please CLICK HERE and I'll let you know when registration for that class opens up!

12 comments:

  1. I'm stoked to take the January class. I'm even considering the November class, because although I know those four things, I can always use a brush up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just registered/paid for November class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm registered for the January class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Just signed up for the November class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have the slr-but I do have a manual mode for the iso and apt. and shutter speed-is it possible to be able to take this class-with using only a Canon Powershot sx20?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I do not recommend taking the SLR class with a powershot camera. I had a couple people in my September class with a powershot and it was pretty frustrating since the range of control is so different than with a regular SLR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEA! I'm in! Can't wait for the January class to begin. I've been wanting an SLR class, because I'm getting a new camera for Christmas. (Birthday present to myself) Now I just need to figure out which camera to buy. Any suggestions Faith?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh. Right now my favorite introductory SLR is the Canon Rebel T2i - SO many megapixels for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just registered for January - mega excited now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just registered for the November class. I'm so excited. Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the January class an extended version of the November class?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required