Thursday, October 14, 2010

More edits

Today I did probably a dozen edits of this one shot trying to get it just right.

Here is the original:
DSC_1357

here is my "after" for Pixel Perfect's link-up
PW colorize PTM sugar cookies plus frame and edge burn
but I thought it was too gray so I made a few more edits.

me 1357 cool warm seventies boostme 1357 Strawberries and Cream copy

me 1357 plus coolme 1357 plus boost


me 1357 Strawberries and Cream1357 dellight

I really don't know if I like any of them. I had a really hard time getting the overall hue of the image to look good yet getting the eyes and lips to pop. (sigh)

me delight florida Sugar Cookies copy
this edit used Everyday Actions "Florida" 
and Paint the Moon "Delight" & "Sugar Cookies" 
with an edge burn action from Pioneer Woman

Paper Mama Pacific NW plus edge burn
this edit used edge burn from Pioneer Woman
(edited the layers a lot)

DSC_1168
this is the original.

DSC_1209
original

Paint the Moon Sunny Days
with Paint the Moon "Sunny Days"
I LOVE how the eyes pop with this action!
But this edit still looks unfinished to me.

ugggh. editing is SO hard! I really struggle with not over-editing and with finding a good hue for my images.
oh well, I guess practice makes perfect!

I just downloaded a bunch of FREE actions from The CofeeShop which I can't wait to use!

p.s. there are some AWESOME new posts up on editing and photography from Paper Heart Camera

4 comments:

  1. From your first shot, second set of edits - I really like the first and last edits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the very last photo/edit the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol....i love the original ones really...sometimes i too find it too hard to select the hue and decide on pics after editing them....My hubby says, i am never happy however good it comes out. But i feel thats all how you can perefect, isnt it...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required