Monday, October 25, 2010

Confessions part 2




If you would like to link up with me and share your confessions grab the button for your blog and link up at the bottom of this post.

DSC_8591


I had a wonderful time at the Ladies Retreat at my church! the teaching was great, the fellowship was awesome and my walk with God feels strengthened and refreshed. I came home with a renewed vision to raise my kids well and some things to tweak in our day to day life.

Let no unkind word proceed from you mouth.That is the new motto for our family. I'm a nice person in general, but I'll tell you what - when the kids are all testing me I get overwhelmed pretty easily and I get harsh pretty quickly, which means that the kids get harsh quickly too. So we are working on that.

Today was the first time I went to the gym without my husband. We had been going in the evenings as a family but that has become less and less frequent. It was wonderful. I tried to run, my goal was five minutes, I made it two. So I guess I'll have to work up to it.

Today I am totally and completely exhausted, yesterday I drank way too much coffee and got almost no sleep last night. Plus we've had a bunch of storms roll through today - I'm totally backed up on my emails and blogging....

I'm so glad y'all understand.

p.s. when I posted this last night the dates for the link up were messed up. It's fixed now!

5 comments:

  1. Faith, I am so glad you got so much out of your retreat! I want to link up but it says submissions start NEXT Monday. Is that right? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a great time! I need to work on not getting harsh when overwhelmed too. Thanks for sharing. Great job on venturing to the gym on your own!! That is dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to make it to the retreat, and that you had a good time. Sometimes a little perspective makes all the difference in the world.

    I was going to link up but I can't figure out how...

    living well, spending less

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how fun! i am always feeling like there are things i need to confess and get them off my chest! I will have to link up soon :) i totally understand what you mean about the unkind words, i will do the same thing when things get hectic and i am really working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had storms too, but they seem to be passing; which is good, because these kids need to get outside and play!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required