Monday, August 30, 2010

Misc. Awesomeness... and yuck.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

TOTAL Awesomeness - I got over 1,000 hits on my blog this week for the first time :) whoot whoot!

Awesome - my birthday! I turned 27 on Thursday and as a surprise Daniel gave me a Bamboo touch pad & pen with a copy of Adobe Elements 7 - yayyyy!

Amazingly Awesome - my birthday cake. Josiah and I made a cookie cake with 2 Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mix sprinkled with butterscotch and white chocolate chips baked in a 9x13 and then drizzled with melted chocolate, white chocolate & butterscotch chips - total awesomeness.

Also Awesome - brownie cupcakes. Need I say more? They were amazingly tasty.
brownie cupcake

NOT Awesome - I had to pick up Katie-Abigail early from school because she'd thrown up at school - all over her mat and in her hair. ick. sticky icky ick. She felt better as soon as we got home. That was weird.

Awesome - spending Saturday at our friend's lake house.

NOT Awesome - I forgot to bring my camera. bummer. Katie-Abigail spent most of the day on the beach collecting shells and I so wanted to photograph that moment.

NOT Awesome - Josiah was up at 11 last night throwing up. Awesome - he didn't get much of it on the bed because he threw up all over me. NOT Awesome - getting thrown up on by your almost 3 year old. Awesome - Daniel cleaned up the mess while I cleaned up my son.  Awesome - Josiah and I had a sweet moment to cuddle in the quiet of the night. NOT Awesome - Josiah woke up every two hours asking for a drink of water. Awesome - Josiah slept in a little bit! NOT Awesome - Josiah is super-cranky this morning from being awake nearly half the night. Awesome - I get to stay home with my little man. I'm so thankful to be a stay at home mom today!

Awesome - the Paper Mama sent me a first draft for my new header and y'all it is going to be amazing!!!! She has done such a great job so far.

Awesome - This week's "Read to Me Mommy" Monday Post

Awesome - the photo challenge theme this week is "Love" enter here tomorrow!

Open Sky Shop Awesomeness - I'll be announcing the winner of my laptop case giveaway tomorrow!!

Photography Class update: there are nearly 50 participants registered for my first ever SLR Photography class!! I will be closing registration on Saturday, September 4. It's not too late to enter to win a free class! (If  the winner has already paid for her class I'll refund the registration fee) I'll be publishing a class schedule for the rest of the year soon! Registration will open for the October Simply Basics of Photography class on September 1 - this is a repeat of the class I offered in July. It will be held October 4-30.

5 comments:

  1. Lovin' all the awesomeness! Happy belated birthday... it sounds like it was a wonderful day! Hope Josiah is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1000 hits, yeah!
    Brownie cupcakes, yum!
    3 year old with stomach bug, yuck!

    Have a great week!

    Bernice
    http://bernicewood.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/lifes-best-lessons-learned-from-our-dogs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Miscellany Monday!

    Happy Belated Birthday! Those brownie cupcakes look delicious! :)

    Hope your son is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! WOw! You poor thing. I sure hope you don't catch whatever bug that is. I feel for ya! Hope everyone gets better.

    Have a great week! Thanks for sharing your randomness.

    ~blessings

    Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a day!

    I've been looking into getting a bamboo touch and pen. Let us know about how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required