Monday, August 16, 2010

Love my little ones

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I can hardly believe it - this is my 500th post! And I now have 200 followers - how cool is that? Y'all are so awesome.

This weekend has been the kind of weekend that make me remember how much I love the season if life.
On Friday night Daniel & I had a date night in. We got the kids to bed early enough so that Daniel and I hadn't hit the zombie stage yet (I know you know what I'm talking about) we watched Date Night which was funny. Although personally it I thought it was a little bit more vulgar than I prefer and kind of predictable. But it felt good to laugh together.

On Saturday went out to see the Karate Kid at the discount theater - it was a GREAT movie. So well done. Everyone loved it.
Then we went out for ice cream, walked around the mall, picked up some Papa Johns Pizza on the way home and spent the entire day together doing fun stuff and enjoying being together. I keep carrying around with me the thought that these kids of mine are growing up fast and I will miss them when they are grown.

I already miss when my kids were littler. Yes, life was way more universally exhausting - it was HARD but it was simple. Most of the time. Raising my kids just seems to get more and more complicated - and in some ways more and more fun!

I ran into a nice lady at the Post Office whose children were all grown - she said "it's awful" I got a comment on my blog from another lady who said that she considers her litle-kids-at-home years ti be "the best years of her life". I can barely imagine my life without kids. I know that this stage is often-frustrating and nearly-always-hard but I love it.

On Saturday night I went out with a friend to see EAT PRAY LOVE - it was so good! I think some very conservative Christians would feel uncomfortable watching it because the story deals with divorce and tallks about God in a not-strictly-Christian way. However I love it. It was such an emotional movie. I thought Richard Jenkins (who played Richard from Texas) was amazing and everything about the movie was beautiful.

I think if you're going to see the movie and read the book you should see the movie first. That's my theory about movies & books anyway. I don't like sitting down to watch a movie and already knowing how it ends. I started reading the book Charlie St. Cloud but I'm not going to read any more of it until I've seen the movie.

At I Heart Faces the theme is Sunglasses so here is my photo for that:
Beth (with mask) & Mommy
My oldest daughter and me - enjoying the summer!


Here is another shot I wanted to post. I know I've used it before but it's a favorite of mine from when Josiah was a baby. Notice the reflection in Daniel's sunglasses?
12-26-07

We sang this song at church yesterday - it was so simple and yet so powerful. The quality of this video isn't the best but I really wanted to share it with you!


Happy Monday!

p.s. I'm linking up for the first time with My cup 2 yours. Go check out her latest post about her daughter begining middle school. It's wonderful and I can really relate to it at the moment!



15 comments:

  1. Love both your photos! Absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed visiting your blog today! I'm a big sunglasses person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest photo! Can't wait to see the movie. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful you and hubby had some time together. I totally understand about the "Zombie" stage!

    I loved my kids when they were little, but I love them big too. My two oldest (19 and 16) love the Lord and it's exciting to see the good choices they make. My younger two (10 and 7) they are sweet and caring and just coming into their own. You will love them at that age too!

    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 500th post! I can't wait to see Eat Pray Love...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the "zombie" feel. Its good that you spend time together. I know how you feel about the little ones growing up. Our oldest is 7 and I just can't believe it. *sigh*
    Thanks for sharing your randomness

    ~blessings
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear faith,

    you sound like such a wonderful wife and mother.
    when my children were little, people used to say
    the same thing to me, "enjoy them while they're
    young, because it just goes downhill after this."
    and my heart would drop.

    please don't believe it. there is nothing more
    rewarding than enjoying the love and respect of
    adult children. they are more dear to me than
    any of my friends! and we laugh so much.

    sure, there were heartaches along the way, but
    they make the bond stronger.

    you can look forward to many happy days. you
    pay the dues right now in how you love and train
    them.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you linked up to Mom-Mondays! I'm feeling the same way about my kids getting older... as you could tell from my post! It's great as they get older, but I get sentimental about it too.

    Have a beautiful day!
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I am a new reader. Can't wait to see more from your blog! Please follow me back at The Nutritionist Reviews and Giveaways: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a couple of amazing milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, the zombie stage - I know that one all too well!

    That photo with your son's reflection in the sunglasses is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! The reflection one is sweetness.

    Isn't it nice to just hang out and laugh with your husband? My husband and I don't get out alone as much as I'd like, but it's always fun to just relax on the couch together and laugh and talk before we become zombies.

    I haven't yet seen Eat Pray Love but I have read the book twice and I love it. I'm hoping to get to see it soon. I'm aiming to see Date Night this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just loved all the comments you got on this, from the sweet mama's who say it's not necessarily true that the young years are the best ones! It makes me sad to think of my babies growing, but I'm determined to believe each stage is going to be the most awesome! :) I'm sad to hear Date Night was vulgar, I hate it when they ruin movies that way! I have it in my netflix queue...might have to change my mind about watching it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required