Monday, July 12, 2010

Miscellany Monday: the sleepy mama edition

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Mama needs another cup of coffee! I have not made to bed before 1:30am nearly every night this week, and it's starting to catch up with me.

This morning I was looking through my Google Reader and found this at go{4}pro photography. It's called Fstoppers and in this one they do a full professional fashion shoot with an iphone! SO funny at mements!


The iPhone Fashion Shoot - Lee Morris Shoots With The 3GS Fstoppers from FStoppers on Vimeo.

Also on go{4}pro there is this really great blog post about multi-tasking.

In other news - Josiah is slowly limping along at this potty-training thing. He is not terribly eager to sit on the can and I am not too terribly eager to hover over him asking if he needs to go every ten minutes. However I have noticed that he has been going into the other room to poop, so I've caught him at it a couple times and a couple times this week we've made it to the potty to poop. Yay! Thankfully he's willing to sit to pee & poop. Not quite sure how to handle the standing to pee thing. My grandpa made him this adorable little stool to stand on that should be just the right hight but for now we sit. Maybe I'll have to hand him off to my husband to complete the potty training. Never done that before, but my mom has told me stories about how my dad potty trained me so I guess they a man can do it.

Also I {LOVE} my photography class. The writing of the lessons is going to kill me but everything else is wonderful! I have these moments of panic, especially after I've sent out a lesson, and fear that everyone is going to simultaneously drop out of my class and write on their blogs what an incompetent idiot I am and a popus bitch for setting myself up as a teacher. No one has actually even hinted that they don't like my class - however I still have these moments of panic and fear of rejection. I am sure that moment will come at some point - the email saying how much they hate my class. I just hope that at that moment the blame is more on them than of me. My participants are wonderfully encouraging and have blessed me with positive feedback all week long!

Exciting news! My wonderful husband arranged for me to spend one entire weekend away from the kids at my sister Abi's home! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! She lives three hours away from me and I haven't seen her since we moved. I will also be making it to my sister in-law Heather's baby shower. So I am one happy mama! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi I'm coming from the Miscellany Monday & I am your new follower:-) I like your blog and will be back for visits. Stop by mine if you can:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying your photo class!!!I ight be slow at the learning part but once I see what exactly you are looking for then I know pretty much what I need to do.. You are an awesome teacher...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing for your hubby to do! Sister time is so very important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You. Are. Crazy. I've already learned so much in just the first week! The class is great, Faith.

    Hope you have a FABULOUS time at your sister's. How nice of your husband. He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome about going to visit your sister!

    No one is going to say they hate your class and post nasties on their blog, but I understand the feeling. It's a GOOD feeling actually because it pushes you toward greatness. So embrace it and use it for good. :)

    I think I just wrote about that fashion shoot in my Friday Finds this week. How cool was that!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! A whole weekend off? That is pretty awesome! And, staying up to 1:30 am that much would kill me! Especially since Ruari gets up at 6:00 am every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout-out! I've been having fun reading over old posts and getting to know you better!
    I'm not to overly eager with the whole potty-training thing with my guy either. Just sort of waiting till he really really (pretty much says' 'hey-mommy. I'm ready') and hopefully at that point I will be too! :)

    Have a great week and thanks so much for following a long with Go{4}Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful husband you have.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required