Thursday, July 29, 2010

little man's silly sayings

Sam @ Sailor & Co has a cool new meme up tonight and I instantly thought of something that Josiah had said that I'd wanted to post.

THE BACKSTORY:
We/I  are/am kinda sorta potty training Josiah. I sit him on the potty just about every day now but I'm not consistant about it however we did get him to stop taking his diaper off and peeing on the floor! He's really starting to get the concept. Well today he grabbed a "training diaper" and headed to his room. I followed, curious. When I got to his room he was making "the face" so I took him to the bathroom to try to poop in the potty. It was too late, which was okay. Josiah wasn't all that keen on sitting on the potty this time.

As he was walking away from the bathroom I overheard him say:
I don't want to be a big boy.

aw. sweet little man.

He keeps telling me "when I am a baby again then I'll nurse." and I have to keep reminding him that he's never ever going to be a baby again. He just can't seem to get that concept. He and Emma both are more babyish in that they are not constantly trying to be "big" they like being small and being babied.

He also likes wearing his "kite" (cape) to be a super-hero and he says "super-hero TO THE RESCUE!" and Katie-Abigail gets her little cape too and they are robin and "bad-man" (Batman) and they scream around the house.

Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments on my last post. They really helped me through the day.

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute about Josiah talking about being a baby again to nurse. Awww. My little guy just keeps going with nursing (he's almost 20 months- but I really don't mind at all!) that I wonder if he'll be saying something along those lines when he can talk more because he'll remember it. :)
    That's so cute about the cape, too! I made Brad a cape a couple weeks ago (still have to blog about it- bad blogger me:) but he's not that into it yet. Even watching "Super Why" on PBS hasn't gotten him into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that we can't be babies again...that would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, what a fun story and play along game. Hahaha he is so cute :) Love it :)

    Also, tag your it :)

    http://kristinlugbill.blogspot.com/2010/07/cherry-top.html#comments

    I know you are busy so no worries if you dont get a chance to pass it on for a bit or at all, but I wanted to give you a shout out for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. so sweet. My 3yo tells me all the time "I not big. I widdle." and it makes my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how adorable! i think every mama wishes their kiddos wouldn't want to grow up! : )

    p.s. - thanks for your thoughtful and compassionate comment!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required