Monday, June 7, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp: Picnic

boot camp
Picnic. That's such a hard word to try to sqeeze in to a rather busy day. The closest we came to a "picnic" was dinner at Chick-fil-a while big sisters were at VBS. We didn't even eat it outside, but who would want to sit in the 90 degree heat?! Josiah was so much fun!
Daniel wanted to get some of the spicy chicken sandwiches. They are so very yummalicious, you see. It was so much easier to eat with just one little one rather than all four, which tends to get noisy and chaotic.

Thinking about picnics makes me think of my mother. She has an amazing picnic basket that we would often pack up with her plastic plates and cutlery and little plastic cups. On the top of hers is our family's name and a threesome of daisies. One of the things that I love about my parents are the things that they've kept that I would have, sooner or later, replaced. Now I really love looking at an object in their home and all these memories from my whole childhood come rushing to the surface. It's completely unlike looking at a photograph. Anyway, to complete the assignment I stopped by Target at took a photo with my camera phone of some baskets that remind me of picknic baskets.
You should totally check out this pic I so love it!
If there is one thing that I have learned from this day of Creativity Boot Camp it is this - take your nice camera with you, everywhere. You just might need it. Hmmm, I think I'm going to need to get a bigger purse.

2 comments:

  1. I love you basket photo - the texture and colour is lovely!

    Yes - buy a larger purse to carry your camera - I think Creativity boot camp said its okay - as long as it reflects your inner artist;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! It is a BIG word to fit into a busy day. I barely could do it. I WANTED to have a picnic but then life got in the way...

    GREAT SHOTS! I love that you were challenged and you came up with something marvelous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required