Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wishful Wednesday - Charity edition


Today it's Wishful Wednesday and today the topic is:

'I wish' .... I had never-ending funds to donate to a charity and it would be the Ranched on Jesus orphanage in Uganda, Africa


When my girls were a lot younger and I actually read entire books from the Library, not just cookbooks, I read the novel the Poisonwood Bible which is (an extreemely well written) novel about missionaries in Congo, Africa. Around the same time I heard the CD by Selah called Hiding Place which has the powerful Congo Hymn Esengo - I fell in love!
The only person I knew of who knew anything about Africa was Jamie who was at that time in college and took mission trips to Uganda every year. We became friends and while I've never had the opportunity to go to Africa (yet!) I've followed her blog and supported her ministry as I've been able. If I had unlimited funds to donate to a charity it would be a no-brainer choice to suport her & the awesome work of Ranched on Jesus in Uganda.
Check out what other charities others are/would support(ing) at Kelsey's blog

2 comments:

  1. Any cause involving Africa is such a great one! I hope to one day go there myself. It would be such an incredible experience!

    Speaking of Africa, hope you'll please check out my charity campaign beginning April 27th!
    http://www.thislifeisbeautiful.com/2010/04/wishful-wednesday-charity.html

    Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin just got back from a trip to Uganda and it was life changing for her! What a great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required