Sunday, January 24, 2010

sweet misery

the weather is gloomy, nasty and downright miserable. I stayed up until after eleven watching (500) days of summer. Its called that because the guy in the movie is in love with a girl named Summer. Daniel "watched" most of the movie with his eyes closed. He doesn't like movies that jump around in the story with flashbacks etc. I liked it. It was perfectly modern vintage. It was about relationships. Tortured, wonderful relationships.
Daniel made me a tequila with sprite and orange juice. I am such a lightweight and Daniel makes such wonderful drinks, that plus I ate a huge bowl of brown cow ice cream while watching the movie at ten at night so I slept like a LOG and discovered the wonderful thing that is called sleeping in on a Sunday morning. Usually I haul the four kids to the sweet, tiny little church that meets at a High School that I go to. I'm sort of an outsider there, I'm not the only one there who comes to church without her husband, but I don't know. I guess I'm still not used to it. It's always stressful. Josiah and/or Katie-Abigail usually end up crying and throwing themselves on the floor and I do the walk of shame to the van as quickly and as quietly as possible. This morning I just gave up, rolled over, and slept in. It was wonderful. Daniel got up with Josiah at about 6:30, started a movie for the kids, gave them their cereal. And I feel so restored and de-frazzled. Which is wonderful.
I've started reading Julie & Julia and loving it. It's not like the move, I mean it's got the same basic facts of the movie but there are so many more details and the tone is more, I don't know, vulgar. She uses words like fuck and goddamit and she writes about when she was eleven and discovered her dad's copy of the joy of sex. and she has a python! I'm very temped to just fall into the book and do nothing but read.
Here are a few photos I've processed and posted on my flickr site. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really liked reading your posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required