Friday, January 29, 2010

life and other misc.

The kids are in bed now, well, all except for Josiah, who is running laps around the kitchen throwing a tennis ball for the dog. I'm hoping it will wear him out and encourage him to sleep in. Past 5:30am would be dandy.
Yesterday was a day with a few firsts which I was too tired to remember, (and too buzzed about the success of my potato soup), but still they are note worthy. One was that Josiah peed in the potty for the first time! That is a pretty major accomplishment. I thought, however that it was interesting that I neither posted about it on Facebook or came to the conclusion that he is ready to potty train in earnest. Yep. He's the fourth alright.
Another first was that Katie-Abigail tried to sound out her first word. I haven't thought she was really ready for that yet and haven't pushed her so it was totally cool to see her try. Today she also recognized almost all of the letters in the STOP sign. Maybe she'll be ready for Kindergarten after all.
Today I also tried to make doughnuts for the first time. I made creme filled and they weren't horrible! I completely freaked out when the oil started making boiling sounds but I didn't completely burn any. And for a first try I think I'll call it a success. (see a photo here)
Well, I didn't get to bed last night until after 12am since I was changing the layout of the blog and Josiah got me up before 5:00am so I am done for today.
I'll leave you with a photo montage of the kids I made today - they certainly do not lack in the expressiveness department! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faith! It's Austin, from the Kennesaw mom's group. Your blog is lovely! I love your photos and your family is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required