Tuesday, January 12, 2010

in the bleak midwinter

Relics of Summer's Beauty

Barren

click here to see another version and here is a third

Here are today's images. I took them this morning. I was feeling very dull and spiritually barren so I was attracted to towards the things that reflected that gloomy mood.

I really enjoyed editing them. They both have the same basic editing technique. I created two semi-transparent layers of dark to medium-dark brown, one is about 75% transparent, the other is about 20% transparent and then modified with a gradient transparency action to create a vignette effect. In the top image I played around with the color of the layer to make the white pop. In the lower image I tweaked the contrast to intensify the silhouette effect.

Some more nature photos from this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required