Friday, December 18, 2009

Sleep Deprivation and My Christmas Spirit

I meant to write this Tuesday night and Wednesday night was a Christmas party for the consignment shop that I work at every other weekend. Most of the people I work with also go to my church so it was a lot of fun!


I am SO sleep deprived. Josiah has been waking up around 3am for the last month he eventually goes back to sleep around 4am for an hour or two but it's completely exhausting. When I am sleep deprived even the simplest tasks feel overwhelming the mere thought of Christmas shopping has been enough to make me want to take a nap!

Yesterday I took the little kids out Christmas shopping for cousins and did some price checks on gifts I wanted to get for the big kids, three candy canes and a small package of graham crackers later I was driving home praying that Daniel wouldn't have any appointments so he could stay home and help me with my shopping.

Today we woke to drizzling rain and near-freezing temperatures. I bundled my big kids off to their last day of school and then prepared to muscle my way through the day. Then Daniel said he had absolutely nothing to do for work today and I asked if he'd at least hit one of the stores with me. Just a couple hours later (and under-budget I might add!) we came home. It feels so good to have that done. I know I would be a sopping, exhausted mess right now if it weren't for my wonderful husband's help.
I have to admit that my Christmas spirit has been significantly lacking this year. However when my kids came home today and I watched Emma distributing the contents of her goody bags to her sisters, leaving almost nothing for herself I felt a deep sense of satisfaction and the hope that this Christmas is going to be okay.


Since my kids don't read my blog yet I'll share with you what I bought them, in case you're looking for some Christmas inspiration for someone between the ages of 8 & 2 in your life!
Beth - 8 year old girl: LIV doll
Emma - 6 year old girl: Monopoly Jr Disney Channel edition ($5 @Wal-Mart)
Katie-Abigail - 4 year old girl: Moxie Girlz
Josiah - 2 year old boy:Toy Story Woody action figure and flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required