Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One day down, fourteen more to go.

Right this moment I'm watching a bird pulling earth worms out of the yard outside my window. I've honestly never seen this before. I doubt that at this time of year she has little babies to feed. She doesn't seem to be too happy about the quality of earth woms in our yard because she seems to have left it flailing in the grass to tunnel back down into our dirt.

Anywho... the first day of our two weeks of Christmas break is behind me now. We survived. No one was sent to their beds for indefinite periods of time and my sanity (and love for my kids) is still intact. It was always hard for me to comprehend what other mothers meant when they talked about not enjoying the times when their kids were home for breaks. I understand it now. It disrupts the "norm" and my routine and our schedules. It's CRAZY busy and my kids are used to be given activities to complete, not entertain themselves all day, so they come to me saying that they are bored much more then when they were younger and stayed at home. We've already done just about all of the crafts that I had planned for the entire week! But I think we're starting to settle down into a new goove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required