Wednesday, March 11, 2009

American Idol - the final 13

WOW! Last night was amazing! It was awesome to see all of those incredible singers all in one show! Here's my thoughts about the singers, in no particular order: Vanessa - she's going to be the first one to go, I'm sure. Jorge or Anoop will probably be the other in the bottom two. I think Kris is adorable. I like his look and I love his spirit. I read in an interview that he's been working as a worship leader for a college ministry and I could totally see that when I watched him perform, he just looked like he ought to be doing a Chris Tomlin song, not Michael Jackson. I honestly hope he doesn't make it, he seemed so uncomfortable with the whole star persona. Michael Sarver is another of my faves. Emma was up when he was performing and she said "Mommy, he's looking at me!" I think he'd be an awesome star but I'm not sure he's got the talent to make it through to the finals. Speaking of finals, Paula pretty much picked her top three last night. In her typical over the top fashion, it seemed like I was hearing "you're going to the finals" and "you'll go a long way in this competition" all night! I think the deal is sealed with Adam. His life is never going to be the same. I just wish they would go ahead and give him a contract and let him exit the show - which would probably be horrible for their ratings, but whatev - but I really don't like his style. One that I'm interested in watching is Danny. I think he's the best out of the three "super-nice guys" I have no idea what kind of songs he'd record. He's kind of been just this inspirational cover-artist, and while I wish him all the best he still needs to prove that he can be something more than the guy who sings the special while they pass the offering plate at church. I really hope Anna Grace goes a long way in the competition. She's really got to work hard to outshine Allison & Lil Rounds but she's always been my favorite chick in the competition.
Beth & Emma watched the first couple performances while Josiah was settling down for the night. During one of the breaks Beth said "Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a judge on American Idol" I was blown away! I mean what kid doesn't want to be on American Idol but to be a judge on the show? That's my Bethypoo!
Okay, and now back to your regular programming :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good calls on these, Faith! I agree about Kris. I hadn't heard that he led worship, but even as I was watching him I thought that. I agree about Adam, too. I think he's got a deal for sure already. I kind of like his look and sound, but there's still something I don't like about him, I just can't put my finger on what it is. Mark and I both really like Danny, too. I mean, I think I have to like him. He's a worship leader from WISCONSIN. :)
    I do have to disagree about my favorite girl, though. I really like Allison. She seems to have a great personality and I really like the sound of her voice. That's the thing this year... there are so many with good personalities that you really have to pick based on music, not just personality!
    Anyhow... I have fun reading your thoughts on this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required