Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my (irreverent) randomness



I know, I know, I am so very behind on my 365 project! I have (most of) the photographs on my computer needing to be processed and posted. Oh well! At least I have a superb reason for not working on my project this weekend and that is because I had stomach bug. I felt like crap for about two days, my insides felt like they were being kicked like when I was 7 months pregnant with Katie-Abigail (who was quite the "spicy" little one even in the womb!) But I'm better now, just in time to hold Emma's hair while she leans over the toilet. On Sunday I felt like I just ould not walk another step further. Beth was sick on Thursday. It was actually a really nice day. I took a photo of her - again another photo

All morning I've been laughing to myself over something I read the other night while I was taking a bath and reading eat.pray.love by Elizbeth Gilbert (for the second time) She writes: I took on my depression like it was the fight of my life... I leaned on my support network, cerishing my family and cultivating m most enlightening friendships. And when those officious women's magazines kept telling me that my low self-esteem wasn't helping depressiong matters at all, I got myself a pretty haircut, bought some fancy makeup and a nice dress. (when a friend compliented my new look, all I could say, grimly, was, "Operation Self-Esteem - Day Fucking One.") Something about that just makes me want to laugh.

I finally hung some pictures in the hallway. Yay! I marked off some space for several pictures to be hung in a square pattern. I love the look of the empty space, just waiting to be filled...

Daniel found some cute sunglasses in the parking lot a couple weeks ago and brought them home to Beth. Katie-Abigail thinks they look like Sharpay glasses. She put them on the other day and said "Fabulous! Is that so wrong?!" I knew that was going to happen one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required