Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election

This is the first year that I actually stayed up late and watched the election results on TV! It was so exciting!! I voted for Barak Obama so I was really thrilled to see him win by such a huge margin. I understand why a lot of my Christian conservative friends didn't vote for him (although I think that some of the criticisms about him are unfounded or super hyped-up) but I think he's got so much potential to lead the country in a more postive direction. I loved his speach tonight and I look forward to listening to many more in the future! If you didn't vote for Obama I just want to remind you that God is in control and we don't have to be afraid. I want to remind you that the president is not the totality of government and now, more than ever, it is up to us to make a difference where we live to stand up for our values to become aware, well-informed and involved in our communities. It's time to work together for common goals for the common good of our community and for our country. I applaud Obama's message of renewed responsibility, I think it's what we all need to hear.

In case you haven't seen this yet here are some links to some videos you might want to watch:

Barak Obama at Rick Warren's Saddleback Civil Forum

Evangelical Student Supports Barak Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required