Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Daniel is out back in the shed smoking his pipe. Beth & Emma are away at their Grammy's house to spend the night and the house feels so quiet. The only thing I hear right now is the sound of the coffee pot brewing a fresh pot of coffee. There hasn't been much time today to feel thankful. I've been cleaning up and cooking and trying to keep my kids occupied and out of the kitchen but as this day comes to an end my mind turns to all I have to be thankful for.
Today I am thankful for my family, most of all. I am thankful for my husband who has been faithful to me through a truly crappy year. I am thankful for each of my children. Emma told me today "I need both of my sisters to be happy" I feel like that about each of them. They are growing up so fast! Beth read her birthday cards today herself. She read her card from her Aunt "To my Great Nice" ha! Emma acted like such a big girl as she got into her Grammy's car. She had packed her bag and got herself all ready to go. Katie-Abigail looked taller to me today than ever before and Josiah's very life and presence in this family is a miracle. This afternoon while I was waiting for bread dough to rise I took a walk with just Josiah and I felt the miracle of his life and am so grateful.
I am thankful for my God who has been immeasurable faithful to me. Who has lifted me out of my pit of despair and placed my feet on high places where the grass is a bit greener and the air is a bit sweeter and I laugh and play like a child again. It's been such a long year of grief and I am so glad that God has heard my cry and restored my joy. That he is always with me, leading me on this incredible journey.
I am thankful for beauty. I am thankful for my home - with central heat and air (woohoo!) I am thankful for Mrs. Sue who has become like a second grandmother to my kids and a dear friend to me. I'm thankful for my friends and my church. I'm thankful for my kid's awesome school, and for the peace I've experienced as I've shared that load. (This week we did "Morning Work" every morning and it made me even more thankful that they go to school!)
Well, the coffee is done, though I'm sure I could write more but I'm going to go and sit with Daniel for a bit. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required