Monday, October 13, 2008

Working working working

I've been working on the house today and have a big long list of things to do for the house that will take me at least a week to finish. As soon as the kids are in bed I'll start painting my bathroom which I started painting the first couple days of August and haven't touched since!!
I spent nearly the entire afternoon going through Beth's clothes. This picture is of Beth's clothes alone!!

It turned out there were a lot of hand-me-down clothse that were for next year in the pile, but still that was a lot to sort through!

It seems like a pretty normal part of life now that there are these days when the entire house - every square inch of it - is messy. I used to feel like some sort of loser-mom for allowing my house to tumble into such disrepair but now I'm getting used to it and realizing that pretty much all of my friends experience the same thing from time to time.
This morning I had my big long list of things to do today and I was all ready to start on my list when Katie-Abigail says "Mommy, I want waffles for breakfast" and I thought "why not?" so Katie-Abigail and I made pancakes this morning and I felt like I had finally taken another step in the direction of maturity. When Beth was her age we never made pancakes together, I found the whole experience too exasperating! But we Katie-Abigail and I some kick-ass pancakes together this morning. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required