Monday, August 25, 2008

I believe

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be twenty-five. I feel too young for the life I'm living. I feel too old to still act so immature. There has been SO much good in this year - I finally got my son! I have had wonderful moments with my children, my husband and my friends. Yet this has been without doubt the most difficult year of my life but as I stand in the pain and silence and the dark night I stir up my faith to say I believe.

If there is one thing I have learned this year it is this - God is faithful. No matter how I feel or what I do, God is faithful. When I run from Him, He is faithful and He brings me back tenderly. When I absent-mindedly wander away from Him, He is faithful and he calls me back home. When I scream at Him and tell Him life's not fair and I can't take any more of this pain - He is faithful and He listens to me and whispers truth to my heart. When I fall down, yet again, at that same wretched spot, He is faithful and He reminds me that with Him I will never ultimately fail. No matter what life has been like through good and bad He has been there, unendingly faithful.

I Believe in Love by BarlowGirl
How long will my prayers seem unanswered?
Is there still faith in me to reach the end?
I'm feeling doubt
I'm losing faith
But giving up would cost me everything


So I'll stand in the pain and silence
And I'll speak to the dark night


I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe


Though I can't see my stories ending
That doesn't mean the dark night has no end
It's only here that I find faith
And learn to trust the one who writes my days


So I'll stand in the pain and silence
And I'll speak to the dark night


I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe

No dark can consume Light
No death greater than this life
We are not forgotten
Hope is found when we say
Even when He is silent


I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe.
Here is the video it's really awesome. It's totally worth the time to check it out.

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday, beautiful Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Faith (belated). I hope it was a wonderful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cried the entire time I read this. Especially after last night. love you girl!

    Neisha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required