Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

Hope you're having a great 4th (and taking some great pictures!)We had a pretty good typical American day, I guess. We went to the local parade (though Main Street Woodstock) we ate PopTarts on the sidewalk waiting for the parade to start. The parade was pretty dissapointing, it was mostly political candidates and businesses advertising themselves. There was a TON of candy. My kids suffed their Daddy's pockets full. It was a sad reminder of the modern consumerist mentality and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with all this candy but my kids had fun and that is what counts. We ate free Itaian ice's which were amazing! We wandered around the park for a little while, the kids jumped on the inflatables and we stood in line so they could get (and proceed to pop)a big animal-shaped baloon-thingy. Their Grammy came along - which was a wonderful help - she bought them each some Cotton Candy on our way out of the park. The girls ate it after lunch and Katie-Abigail definiely does NOT like cotton candy. I wish I had a picture of her face when she got a big piece in her mouth. She tried it again later and actualy spit it out! Wow.
In celebration of independence day I moved the baby out of my room!! He's been getting up about four times a night and I'm hoping that moving him out of my room will help cut down on his need to be so near me.
Also, celebrating my increasing independence I have started my first job in seven years - yes, I am totally freaking out - I'll be working at Revive Consignment every (or every other) Saturday. Hopefully it'll help with some of the debt we accumulated while Daniel was out of work. I'm totally thrilled about the idea of working - not too thrilled about leaving the baby for an entire day. He's nine months and should be fine.
My camera is sent out to be cleaned so there's no photos. I've just got my little point and shoot which I ought to have brought today anyway but didn't. They said at the camera store that it could take SIX WEEKS to get my camera back! Good grief. I guess I'll live. Actually I've got a lot of work to do on my website so it'll be good to take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required