Thursday, May 22, 2008

hi there

life has been life... ups and downs and heartache and joy and tough days and easy days. Daniel's finally back to work now after three weeks of staying home, resting his back. He's so glad to be out of the house and productive again. His doctor never figured out what is wrong with his back, after an X-ray & MRI and nearly two months of physcial therapy plus three different pain meds Daniel is still in a lot of pain and he still doesn't know what is wrong.
Yesterday I went to Revive Consignment and bought 12 items for $32 - and all using store credit from the clothes etc. that I've consigned. I did this while my girls were being watched by my wonderful friend, Sue - who has made herself so available to me and my girls it's a very real ministry to me - she's become almost like a surrogate grandmother to the kids. She comes over and makes home-made play dough and paints with them and she helped them make me a t-shirt for mother's day with their artwork on it!
Today I cleaned the girl's rooms - you can actually see floor again! I bagged up a lot of clothing for my sisters' girls a big bag for baby Kara and some dresses for Julee. I also sorted through Josiah's drawers to get out all of the 3-6 months clothes out of his dresser. I bagged that up too, but it felt so different. Daniel is SO done having babies and I feel glad to be moving onto a new phase of my life but sad, too. I was made to have babies and now I hold Josiah longer and a little tigher and I'm not saving his clothes for his little brother. It seems so strange and sort of sad.
Josiah is growing so much! He's eight months now. Today we sat outside together watching the big sisters pick honeysuckle and I played pat-a-cake with him and for the first time he seemed to really enjoy it. It was SO sweet. He's eating solid foods without hesitation (yay! one less battle to fight) he's crawling and pulling up and has now conquered our two steps in the house. He is such a joy. He's really busy and curious right now. He loves other babies too - I sit him in my lap and we look at his cousins and his cousin's cousin on flickr and he is so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required