Sunday, April 6, 2008

overwhelmed

 This is the song that's been stuck in my head all afternoon.


I feel so overwhelmed by my life. It's a wonderful, full life. But it's also complicated and confusing. I often feel overwhelmed by the messiness of it all and by how difficult to understand it all is. But today I was reminded that striving to understand everything that is going on in my life, and striving to find the answer that will make everything tidy and cozy - that is just striving for the wind.
Life with God, it seems is messy and not easily understood. Yet it seems to me that the only place of power and of peace is the place of surrender and faith. When I know that God's will for my life is better than any I would choose for myself - better but not easier. Definiely not easier.
I was praying for a friend today and I was overwhelmed as I prayed for her by the simplicity of life with God. The simplicity of being more overwhelmed with who He is that with life and of simply letting go of that desire to be in control and surrendering to His plan. It is so simple and yet it is so difficult for me to put into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required