Monday, April 28, 2008

crawling out of my hole for a moment

Raider kids 5x7 hello.

I know it's been quiet here for a while. Well, whatever. Is it okay if I just don't care right now? Life has been crazy. No, I means really crazy.

Daniel was rear-ended (in the van) on Tuesday and taken to the emergency room. By God's grace I was at that very moment visiting with a friend who said "take my car. I'll watch your kids" so I went. By God's grace Daniel's injuries were not skeletal or severe and his medications were much less expensive then I had anticipated. He went back to the emergency room with his brother, who long-story-short is very helpful when it comes to this sort of thing. He got a new medication, which kicked his butt! So he's still in a lot of pain now but he has a couple of doctor appointments for today. Also he got an attorney and high blood pressure. His bottom number was over 100!

During all of this drama I've been fighting a cold/flu/whatever. I've had a runny nose, cough, fever, body aches. Josiah and Katie-Abigail also have runny noses and a bad cough. We made it all the way through winter without a day of sickness - the heat comes and bam! We're sick.

Bummer. What's up with that?

Plus Beth had a high fever and was throwing up all afternoon. Then had a low-grade fever for two days. She was throwing up everywhere and my nose was running, so I'm toweling off Beth while wiping my nose on the shirt on my shoulder. Eeeeew! I'm just so glad that was sort-lived. I was really concerned about Beth. I still have no idea what that was about.

In amongst all of this Daniel and I have been trying to come to a consensus about school for next year. We toured the public school around the corner for us. It really hasn't been that dramatic for Daniel, but it's really scary for me. I nearly cried during the tour, it was all so overwhelming. I've never been in school and the thought of sending Beth to school is scary to me. But Daniel and I both came away impressed with the school. The classrooms were so awesome and the teachers we met were really nice. So the decision is that we're going to put Beth AND Emma into school come August. (Double scary!) Maybe I'll write more about that another day. I'm hoping that this will de-stress my life a little and provide some structure to our days. Daniel likes the idea of exposing them to people who are different from us and our friends.

Lastly, but by no means least, my little sister had a baby!! But I haven't seen her yet because we're sick. I can't wait. I've been checking facebook like a crazy-person hoping someone will upload more pictures of my new little niece.

oh well. The J-man is up from his nap so I gotta' jet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required