Sunday, February 17, 2008

why blog?

Beth with the camera - watch out world!

I have been working on photo-editing nearly all day long and I am so ready to start using words again tonight. So I thought I'd write a little post on why I started blogging again. My last blog was a bit of a catch-all, a collection of tidbits of this and that, mostly journal-type entries about my family and that was great. But that's not what this blog is about. And I have to admit that the email from sitemeter was thrilling when the numbers were big, devastating when my site-traffic dropped. I would sometimes tailor my blog-posts to what I thought others would want to read, comment on and make me feel accomplished.

Beth - my photo girl

That's not this blog. This blog is for me. Because I am a creative type and I need an outlet. Also because I'd like to work on changing my writing style and I was hoping to be writing everyday. Obviously it hasn't worked out like that but that's okay. Ever since I read "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller I've been dissatisfied with my writing style. Some people find his writing style irritating but I loved it! I loved the way he told stories and hung out, quietly and subversively placing mines in my unconscious, later to explode into thought. Or to put it more gently reading that book was as if he walked along beside me chatting as he sticks a little pebble of truth in my pocket. It was wonderful. If you have a copy of that book at least flip to the chapter about life being a play and I'm the main character, that one was my favorite.

the world through the eyes of Beth

So anyway that is why I carve out a little time each night to post. If you like something that I've written I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a little note by clicking "comments" at the end of the post. If you disagree or want to give suggestions feel free to do that too. So I guess that about does it for tonight - goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required