Friday, February 22, 2008

a quiet night

fingers
Daddy's fingers

It's so still and quiet tonight. Daniel is at work my kiddos are in bed and I am just nursing Josiah before he heads to bed. Tonight is Daniel's first night at work. He was laid off the first of the year and today was his first day back to work. I am very thankful for the new job but the terms will be quite difficult for me. Daniel will be gone from around noon to 9pm Monday - Friday and on Saturday mornings leaving me at home with the kids by myself without a vehicle. Needless to say I'm not thrilled. But this is the Lord's provision for me and I'm sure I'll adapt.

Anyway, I've been cleaning like crazy today and I switched the curtains around so that the ones from the Living Room are in our bedroom now and I brought some curtains out from storage to go in the Living Room. I've vacuumed nearly every room and cleaned my bedroom up - yay! I got the girls to clean up most of their room by sending them to go pick up one doll, they'd come back and I'd tell them to pick up three pieces of clothing, next one piece of trash. It worked really well, at least I could vacuum the center of their room. I finally folded the laundry that's been piling up in the Living Room and put on "Pride & Prejudice" (the new one) I've watched it a hundred times or more but today I was totally inspired by the details of beauty. The ribbons, the flowers, the lace the fruit. I went searching for a pretty plate that I bought several years ago but couldn't find it. I did find a box of pictures and I took a couple minutes to show my girls some old pictures from my Ballet recitals when I was little. They liked that.

So now I've put a CD by Norah Jones in my player and I lit a couple of candles in the kitchen. I've got some dishes to wash and then I'll probably drink a glass of wine, take a bath and get ready for bed early tonight.

I took this photo in the hospital after giving birth to Josiah of Daniel's finger in Josiah's hand. It's one of my all-time favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required